B.A. Van Loan School at Endicott College
B.A. in Liberal Arts, online, at Van Loan School at Endicott College.
Strengthen your foundation in the Montessori approach to education.
As a Montessori teacher, you enrich children’s lives every day. Now expand your knowledge and experience through a holistic study of arts and humanities, education, business, science, and math.
The bachelor’s degree in Liberal Studies with a Concentration in Montessori Learning is your opportunity to grow your career. Our flexible, online accelerated degree-completion program is designed to meet the challenges of balancing work, family, and school.
The bachelor’s degree curriculum in liberal studies and psychology builds upon the education you already have as a Montessori educator, with an innovative online program that draws on arts and humanities, education, business, science, and math.
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Effectively communicate in writing and through oral communication
- Demonstrate the critical inquiry and analysis skills needed to engage constructively in intellectual discourse in various disciplines.
- Recall and apply the basic foundational knowledge of educational studies as delivered through the Baccalaureate Core|
- Articulate the connections and distinctions between and among liberal arts disciplines, and their contemporary relevance.
- Design, execute, and present a personal project, which synthesizes and applies, selected knowledge, skills and experiences appropriate to the students’ personal and professional goals and/or their chosen area of specialization
In addition to fulfilling the outcomes of the Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies program, students completing the concentration in Montessori Education will:
- Enhance student writing and critical thinking regarding the Montessori Method
- Develop skills in action research
- Identify and describe intrinsic motivation as it applies to themselves as teachers and students
- Understanding the role of democracy in establishing the current public and private education system
- Assess the influence of culture on educational objectives
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM AND START YOUR APPLICATION
For more information contact: Laura Douglass, Ph.D., Academic Dean, Professional Studies. Endicott College. School of Graduate and Professional Studies.
Mail: 376 Hale Street Beverly, MA 01915
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.